This year’s theme is The New Face of PR: Strategizing Connectivity, Innovation, and Integration. We chose this theme because, with the advent of social media over the last several years, PR has changed a lot. We are no longer concentrating on media relations and producing press kits and press releases. There is a whole other world out there!
Engagement with online communities is the key. Rather than burying their heads in the sand and hoping it’s just a phase, the most successful PR pros have fully embraced this new way of communicating and have found new and interesting ways to integrate these mediums into their campaigns to achieve spectacular results.
If you’re still not sold on the importance of integrating social media, just look at these quick facts:
- 78% of consumers conduct product research online
- 41% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through Facebook
- Social sites are the #1 source for product information
- 91% of e-mail users have opted out of company lists they previously subscribed to
- 2/3 of the country is on the “Do NOT Call” list
— Integrating Social Media into Your Marketing Mix by Michael Brenner Sr. Director, Integrating Marketing SAP
Many of our session topics support the theme of integrating the traditional forms of media with the new forms of media in innovative ways. Join us on Nov. 3 at the BWI Four Points Sheraton for this awesome regional conference! Register now at prsamd.org! Follow the conversation using hashtag #Chessie11.