Join your fellow Section members on Tuesday, Jan. 19 at 4 p.m. EST for the Public Affairs and Government Section’s first webinar of 2021, Why Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Matter: The Human Capital and Public Affairs Connection to Building the Best Organization.
Hear leading Public Affairs and Human Capital (previously known as Human Resources) professionals discuss programs to build bridges between their offices and how they communicate their efforts.
During this webinar, you will explore:
- Ways to identify who owns the DE&I program in your organization and what is the current plan/program.
- What is the relationship between PA, HC and EEO offices in organizations?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of each?
- How can the three collaborate in implementing the plan?
- How does PA work with HC/EEO to make everyone DEI savvy in the organization?
- Identify the best practices and/or gaps in your organization’s DE&I plans/programs.
Going forward, PAG Section members will consult their organizations for current DE&I plans and best practices in order to provide data that will be shared in a report compiled by the Section.
- Moderator: Felicia Blow, APR, Associate Vice President for Development, Hampton University
- Kermit Howard, Division Director, Human Capital Division, Department of Interior
- Marta Lugo, External Affairs Officer-Racial Equity, D&I, Civic Engagement, Santa Clara Valley Water
- Cyrus A. Salazar, Director, Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Department of Defense