The Hatcher Group seeks to hire a talented communications professional with experience in public health to lead our outstanding team in Baltimore.
Our Baltimore office, located in Mt. Vernon, manages strategic communications and outreach campaigns for foundations, nonprofit organizations and coalitions – local and national – with a
focus on health care, behavioral health, education, and social justice. Our clients also often work to advance progressive policies at the state and local levels.
This position will work directly with our clients and lead collaborative teams that develop and implement a wide range of communications strategies, plans and tools. The role is ideal for the seasoned communications executive seeking an entrepreneurial opportunity to build the Baltimore business and the public health practice. This person will work closely with the firm’s management team to grow The Hatcher Group.
How to Apply
Please send résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
- Manage a diverse and changing client portfolio
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans for clients
- Provide subject matter expertise in public health for content creation and business development
- Lead business development activities in Baltimore, including overseeing proposal development and networking
- Supervise growing team in the Baltimore office
- Coordinate with graphic design and video teams to create high-caliber materials
- Coordinate with digital team to develop and implement effective social media and digital media strategies
- Oversee media relations work, including writing media materials, identifying media prospects and pitching media outlets
- Develop compelling messaging to advance clients’ goals; write and edit content
- Passion for harnessing the power of communications for the greater good
- Ten to twenty years of public relations or communications experience, preferably in an agency environment (nonprofit communications is desired, but not required)
- Experience in public health communications
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience managing staff and leading teams
- Demonstrated abilities succeeding in a client services organization
- Strong background and interest in networking and pursuit of new business (managing proposal development process, crafting technical responses and determining estimated level of effort and budgets)
- A track record of creating and implementing effective communications campaigns
- Experience with media relations and ability to generate press coverage for clients
- Outstanding writing skills and expertise in different types of writing, including reports, press releases, blog posts, social media posts, and policy-focused documents
- Experience and interest in social justice issues
- At ease with public speaking