Abel Communications, an award-winning public relations firm based in Baltimore, seeks an experienced and creative Account Executive to support agency growth. In this exciting role, the candidate will support several PR client accounts with an opportunity to lead on special projects and other key company and client initiatives. We seek a talented professional with a passion for public relations and a proven track record of success on behalf of clients. The successful candidate will have the experience to hit the ground running, combined with a desire to always learn and implement what’s next in a fast-moving industry.
Applicants should have at least 1-3 years of agency or in-house communications experience, with an emphasis in media relations, social media strategy, content creation, and client service. We also highly value candidates who are detail oriented and have the ability to organize themselves and client activities successfully. Above all, we seek a professional who loves the art and science of public relations, is a driven, collaborative team player, and will energetically support our collective desire to be the best in our field.
Abel Communications fosters a collaborative and enjoyable workplace where employees are encouraged to do great work and make time for great lives. We have been a finalist or winner in the Baltimore Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Awards for several years. In 2020, Abel Communications was named PRSA Maryland Team of the Year.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance and a flexible work schedule. We emphasize the importance of continued professional development and skill development. We close the office on Orioles Opening Day and have many outings throughout the year to foster teamwork and camaraderie. We love Baltimore, our clients, coming up with BIG ideas and delivering amazing work.
Abel Communications respects and values diversity and is committed to creating a culture that is inclusive. Abel Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.
- Write media pitches, press releases, briefing documents, social media content, and reports with accuracy and creativity.
- Support client engagements by preparing internal and external correspondence and maintaining client status updates via our project management software platform.
- Develop complete, accurate and effective media lists using the latest and most sophisticated PR software.
- Proactively identify story ideas and work with colleagues to develop and implement successful media relations programs.
- Effectively pitch and place stories for clients and develop and nurture relationships with media on behalf of our clients.
- Develop social media content ideas and comfortably execute campaigns on behalf of clients.
- Help to develop and manage special projects, such as virtual and in-person events.
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related fields
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 1-3 years of PR agency or communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching and placing stories with local, national, and trade media
- Track record of having developed engaging content for a business or organization's social media accounts
- Active on social media and up-to-date on current trends and platforms
- Previous experience interacting with clients in PR/communications setting