MGH, an integrated marketing and communications agency based outside of Baltimore, is looking for a highly motivated, passionate Public Relations Account Coordinator to join its growing staff. We're looking for someone with 1-2 years of relevant PR agency or internship experience with stellar writing capabilities, acute attention to detail, ability to multi-task and provide event and media relations support for clients in a wide variety of industries, including education and public safety campaigns.
Ideal candidates must demonstrate previous experience in traditional and non-traditional media relations, be able to thrive in a fast-paced but fun working environment, and work well as part of a large multidisciplinary team. Agency and client-facing communication experience preferred.
Basic tactical job requirements include:
- Developing/updating media lists
- Pitching local, regional and national media
- On-site media management support
- Collecting and organizing media coverage
- Event management support
- Conducting grassroots outreach
- Monitoring industry news stories and ability to identify trends and opportunities
- Minimum of one year of public relations experience in an agency environment
- Exceptional writing skills (and proficient in AP Style) with experience pitching media, writing press releases, media advisories, blog entries and bylined articles
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate with internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated media relations success