The mission of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & the Arts (BOPA) is to address the needs of the arts community through arts and cultural activities, advocacy and support; create pride by promoting Baltimore to Baltimoreans; and to use the arts and events marketing tools to promote Baltimore’s assets locally, regionally and nationally. BOPA produces festivals, special events, and promotions for Baltimore City and develops and administers funds, grant programs and community workshops. In addition, BOPA manages several historic attractions and sites in the Baltimore area. Facilities include School 33 Art Center, The Cloisters, the Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower and the Top of the World Observation Level in the World Trade Center.
The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts (BOPA) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Associate. It is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Communications Director. The primary responsibility of the Marketing and Communications Associate is to promote BOPA and its programs through marketing campaigns, media outreach and community engagement.
- Conduct research to identify and define media relations and marketing opportunities
- Develop communications strategies and implement tactics to reach, target and engage BOPA’s key audiences
- Write, edit, and publish content for media relations and marketing communications materials including; press releases, e-newsletters, talking points, print and digital ads, blogs, sponsored/promoted posts, etc.
- Coordinate print, broadcast, and digital media placement and interviews
- Respond to media inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain relationships with mass and niche media, update press contact lists and archive coverage
- Prepare communications campaign reports using public relations software
- Acts as spokesperson for BOPA as directed
- Support the graphics team by reviewing marketing pieces including event programs, brochures, and postcards
- Provide guidance to BOPA staff members by producing written content for external audiences
- Work collaboratively with the communications team members as well as BOPA’s various departments and facilities, and partner organizations
- Participate in recurring planning meetings for BOPA’s events, programs and facilities
- Works on-site at various events as needed, including evening & weekends
- Assists the Communications Director and the marketing agency of record as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of related marketing and communications professional experience
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills are a must, as well as an understanding of editing, public relations, advertising, marketing, and social media
- Basic computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, and web based applications required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively, be highly motivated, and maintain positive attitude
- Salary is low – mid $40,000
- BOPA offers a robust benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life, 403B retirement plan with employer match, paid leave, Summer Fridays and transportation subsidy
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples of marketing content, press releases or any appropriate work as one pdf document to: BopaHR@gmail.com . No phone calls please.