If you love to write and plan campaigns, you will love this fast-paced, full-time, entry-level position in the Corporate Communications department of Chesapeake Employers' Insurance Company, Maryland's largest writer of workers' compensation insurance. Don't let working for an insurance company deter you from joining this award-winning Communications department. Starting annual salary is $45,800. Excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. All job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Creative story development, writing, and minor design for company's employee newsletter; basic photography; writing press releases, social media posts, and web content; assist with event planning; community relations; and other internal communications projects as assigned. Required to attend the company's trainee orientation to gain an understanding of how all departments interact and work together to achieve the company's strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or related field.
- Excellent writing skills for PR and/or journalism.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. SharePoint a plus.
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter, etc.
- Basic photography skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a professional atmosphere.