Position: Communications Specialist
Reports to: Director of Communications
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting the implementation of Thread’s comprehensive communications strategy, including print and digital, to ensure consistency of brand, increase awareness and support the organization’s goals.
- Manage and evaluate Thread’s social media channels, with a focus on brand awareness, thought leadership, and resource recruitment.
- Update and maintain the Thread website.
- Own and execute on internal and external communications. Examples include, but are not limited to...
- Writing, designing and distributing weekly, biweekly and quarterly Thread newsletters.
- Designing all print and digital recruitment and retention materials that crisply articulate Thread’s “why”, “what”, and “how” for use by Thread Community members to promote the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Create and audit all print and digital communications, including Thread’s website, with a focus on consistency of Thread’s brand and organizational values.
- Support in the cultivation, prioritization and management of press and external speaking opportunities for all community members.
- Provide storytelling training and interview preparation for brand ambassadors.
- Create and manage paid social media ad campaigns
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years experience in communications or external relations
- Previous experience developing and implementing effective social media strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects, organize and complete complex tasks and prioritize multiple assignments and deliver on a timely basis
- Understanding of and passion for Thread’s mission
- Collaborative approach to finding solutions
- Quick learner who is able to simultaneously execute multiple detail-oriented projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to use judgment and objectivity in various roles
- Creativity, curiosity and enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals
- Prior experience with nonprofit communications preferred
- Experience editing and maintaining website content on WordPress
- Experience creating and managing social media ad campaigns
- Experience with Salesforce, specifically Pardot, preferred
- Graphic design experience preferred, with working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Canva or similar graphic design software.
To learn more about Thread, please visit our website https://www.thread.org
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture and encourage applications from all interested persons, including, but not limited to, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals.