The Annie E. Casey Foundation is dedicated to building a brighter future for millions of children at risk of poor educational, economic, social and health outcomes. The Foundation’s work focuses on strengthening families, building stronger communities and ensuring access to opportunity because children need all three to succeed. Casey advances research and solutions to overcome barriers to success, help communities demonstrate what works and influence decision makers to invest in strategies based on solid evidence.
At Casey, you will find a dynamic environment with staff of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who share a deep commitment to advancing the Foundation’s mission.
The Foundation seeks two communications associates to join its Strategic Communications team to help execute communications strategies that support its efforts to strengthen families, increase economic opportunity and build safe, supportive communities for America’s children.
As a communications associate, you will:
- work with a senior communications associate to support development of annual and project-based communications plans;
- manage content production and editorial calendars for Foundation e-newsletters for selected units, coordinating with the senior communications associate and directing the work of consultants to ensure adherence to Casey’s style guidelines and editorial standards; and
- support the production and dissemination of Foundation publications, including developing and monitoring production schedules and advising program staff and grantees on editorial and graphic components required for a wide range of printed and digital materials including infographics, videos, reports, one-pagers, webinars, brochures, toolkits, newsletters, etc.
Ideal candidates will have:
- excellent writing and editing skills and experience blogging or writing for websites;
- ability to synthesize and transform complex, sometimes jargon-heavy, information into concise, clear and compelling materials and presentations;
- mastery of The Associated Press Stylebook;
- ability to think quickly with demonstrated problem-solving skills, an attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills; and
- successful experience meeting goals amid competing priorities and tight deadlines.
Please submit your resume, two to three writing samples and a cover letter describing how you fit the qualifications above, why you are the best person for this job and why working for the Foundation as a communications associate interest you. The Foundation will not consider resumes submitted without writing samples and a cover letter. Read the full job description and apply online at www.aecf.org/about/jobs.