BEST IN MARYLAND CALL FOR ENTRIES GUIDELINES
Photo courtesy of Coyle Studios.
Call for Entries is now open!
2020 Submission deadline extended to September 30!
PRSA Maryland models the Best in Maryland Awards after the PRSA Silver and Bronze Anvils. If you submitted an entry to either of those or for a PRSA NCC THOTH award, your entry can likely be submitted with limited changes to BIM!
The awards competition is open to all public relations, communications and marketing professionals who work in Maryland or who wish to enter projects completed in Maryland or on behalf of a Maryland-based client. Membership in PRSA is not required to enter. A major portion of the entry must have been executed in 2019 – unless noted otherwise in the category description – to qualify.
Entries are submitted electronically. Please read these instructions carefully. If you have any questions about submitting an entry, please contact the PRSA Maryland office at email@example.com. Entries not adhering to the following guidelines may be disqualified.
To qualify, a portion of the entry must have been executed in 2019 unless noted otherwise in the category description. Projects must be completed in Maryland or on behalf of a Maryland-based client. Membership in PRSA is not required to enter.
What You Need to Submit and Steps for Submitting
Each entry should include:
- Entry Summary and Supporting Materials (uploaded to Dropbox; required for each entry; see details below)
- Completed Entry Application (completed online; you will need your Dropbox URL to complete this)
- Payment Form (if multiple entries, combine on one form)
Step 1: Prepare your entry
- Complete Entry Summary: A concise summary for each campaign or component entry, no longer than two pages, should address the criteria listed under Preparing Your Entries. Prepare your summary carefully, as the judges will review it closely. Entries that do not address the criteria as cited will not be considered!
- Collect Supporting Materials: Supporting materials may include but are not limited to: research results/summaries; photographs; publicity materials; news releases; media placements; letters; audio (CDs) and DVDs (no longer than five minutes); and other samples of planning documents and tactical materials.
Step 2: Submit your entry
- Upload summary and materials to a separate folder in your Dropbox account (see Naming the Folder* below).
- Complete a separate ONLINE APPLICATION for each entry.
- Submit entry(ies) one of two ways:
*Naming the Folder: Label the folder containing your documents and supporting materials as follows: Category_YourCompany_EntryTitle (abbreviate as needed). Example: Website_MarinerMgt_2020Conference
Step 3: Complete ONLINE Payment (you can pay for all entries on one form)
*You pay one fee for your initial entry (campaign or component) and a reduced fee for all additional entries.
Early Bird – August 31
- Member: 1st Entry $110, Add’l Entries $95
- Non-Member: 1st Entry $145, Add’l Entries $130
Final – September 30
- Member: 1st Entry $125, Add’l Entries $110
- Non-Member: 1st entry $160, Add’l Entries $145
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about submissions. PRSA Maryland Association Headquarters assumes no liability for the entries.