BEST IN MARYLAND CALL FOR ENTRIES GUIDELINES
Image courtesty of Devaney & Associates, Inc.
The Maryland Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) presents annually the Best in Maryland Awards to public relations practitioners who, in the judgment of their peers, have successfully addressed a communications challenge with exemplary professional skill, creativity and resourcefulness. PRSA Maryland models the Best in Maryland Awards after the PRSA Silver and Bronze Anvils. If you submitted an entry to either of those or for a PRSA NCC THOTH award, your entry can likely be submitted with limited changes to BIM!
The awards competition is open to all public relations, communications and marketing professionals who work in Maryland or who wish to enter projects completed in Maryland or on behalf of a Maryland-based client. Membership in PRSA is not required to enter. A major portion of the entry must have been executed in 2018 to qualify.
2019 Entry deadline – August 16 for Early Bird pricing; August 30 Final
Best in Maryland Awards Gala – Wednesday, December 4
Entries are submitted electronically. Please read these instructions carefully. If you have any questions about submitting an entry, please contact the PRSA Maryland office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries not adhering to the following guidelines may be disqualified.
To qualify, a portion of the entry must have been executed in 2018 unless noted otherwise in category description. Projects must be completed in Maryland or on behalf of a Maryland-based client. Membership in PRSA is not required to enter.
What You Need to Submit and Steps for Submitting
Each entry should include:
- Entry Summary and Supporting Materials (uploaded to Dropbox; required for each entry; see details below)
- Completed Entry Application (completed online; you will need your Dropbox URL to complete this)
- Payment Form (if multiple entries, combine on one form)
Step 1: Prepare your entry
- Complete Entry Summary: A concise summary for each campaign or component entry, no longer than two pages, should address the criteria listed under Preparing Your Entries (click here for details). Prepare your summary carefully, as the judges will review it closely. Entries that do not address the criteria as cited will not be considered!
- Collect Supporting Materials: Supporting materials may include, but are not limited to: research results/summaries; photographs; publicity materials; news releases; media placements; letters; audio (CDs) and DVDs (no longer than five minutes); and other samples of planning documents and tactical materials.
Step 2: Submit your entry
- Upload Summary and Materials to a separate folder in your Dropbox account (see Naming the Folder below). Copy the Dropbox folder URL and include on your Entry Application (see below). You may also compile your entry into a single pdf and email to email@example.com (please be sure to complete the ONLINE APPLICATION prior to emailing your entry.)
- Naming the Folder: Label the folder containing your documents and supporting materials as follows: Category_YourCompany_EntryTitle (abbreviate as needed). For example: Events&Observance<7Days_PRSAMD_2017Conference
- Complete a separate ONLINE APPLICATION for each entry.
Step 3: Complete Payment (you can pay for all entries on one form). You may submit your payment one of two way:
- CLICK HERE to pay online
- CLICK HERE for printable form to mail with check or fax with credit card information
*You pay one fee for your initial entry (campaign or component) and a reduced fee for all additional entries.
Early Bird – August 16
- Member: 1st Entry $110, Add’l Entries $95
- Non-Member: 1st Entry $145, Add’l Entries $130
Final – August 30
- Member: 1st Entry $125, Add’l Entries $110
- Non-Member: 1st entry $160, Add’l Entries $145
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about submissions. PRSA Maryland Association Headquarters assumes no liability for the entries.