Submitted by Sandy Arnette, APR
We all want success, but too often we’re not willing to put in the work to get it.
If you’re not content with where you are today, it’s time to get off your BUT (not butt), stop making excuses and get your PR career in high gear.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Do more than get motivated, get moving. Identify what you want to achieve and write it down. This will help you visualize your success. Set dates to reach certain milestones.
- Be mindful of how you talk to yourself. Words have power. Act like you’re talking to a winner.
- Be willing to take risks and move out of your comfort zone. Remember, if you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
- Face your fears. Action is the only prescription.
- Don’t allow procrastination to become your habit. Get moving and strive for perfection.
- Treat your goals and aspirations as a priority. Don’t expect that someone else will.
- Be persistent and go after what you want until you get it. Don’t ever give up even in the face of obstacles, challenges and setbacks.
- Surround yourself with positive, supportive people.
According to business coach Cheryl Wood, the real joy of achieving success comes from celebrating that your success is different from anyone else’s and from enjoying the entire journey – not just the parts that seem fun.
So, enjoy the ride while you take your success to the next level!