It’s been a busy year for the Chapter. In 2014 we …
♦ Sponsored 3 happy hours, one of which had close to 30 attendees!
♦ Took a trip to Camden Yards to watch the Orioles battle the Tampa Bay Rays.
♦ Sponsored/participated in 5 in-person professional development events.
- The State of PR: We brought together a panel of veteran PR pros to discuss where PR is now and where it’s headed. Click here for a recap.
- Morning with The Baltimore Sun: We partnered once again with BPRC for a visit to the Baltimore Sun.
- Morning With WJZ-TV 13: We also visited the WJZ-TV station where we met the news team and took a tour.
- 2014 Chesapeake Conference: We created a a full day of learning ending with a Media Panel. Click here for recap.
- 24/7 Management: Decision-making in a Changing Global Media Market Jeff Zucker, President of CNN Worldwide: We were invited by The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School to attend one of their sessions in the Leaders & Legends lecture series,
We realized how difficult it is to get out of the office so we also offered the following virtual meetings and webinars – all FREE to members …
♦ Virtual Meetings:
- “We want to be out there!” Click here for recording.
- Brown Bag Lunch: Content Strategy? Web Strategy? Click here for recording.
- The New Secrets of Media Pitching Success
- Slow Down to Move Fast
- Brand Yourself
On the APR front, we held two APR Information Sessions designed to learn more about becoming an APR:
- APR Panel Discussion. (via conference call) Click here for recording.
- APR Information Session (in person)
Plus we kicked off a study group—we have 12 APR candidates right now—for those already in the process.
And we ended it all with our Best In Maryland Gala, where more than 160 people attended, many taking home awards.
Here’s looking forward to 2015!
p.s. Did you know that you can find recaps to many of these events in our Resource Library?