This month, and throughout the year, PRSA offers a variety of resources to help members become excellent and ethical professionals and public relations practitioners.
We hope you will take advantage of some, or all, of these opportunities to learn and to sharpen your public relations acumen.
From journal articles to webinars and Twitter chats, there is something for everyone during PRSA’s Ethics Month!
- Jim Lukaszewski – How to Be a Truly Trusted Strategic Ethics Advisor
- 3-4 p.m. EDT, Sept. 14 – Incorporating Ethics in the Public Relations Classroom: Tips, Tools and Resources for Communications Educators
- Free for members & available on-demand on Sept. 21*
- 3-4 p.m. EDT, Sept. 19 – The Ethical Expectations of Leadership
Free for members & available on-demand on Sept. 24*
- Twitter Chats @ #PREthics
- 8:30-9:30 p.m. EDT, Sept. 12 – Ethics … A ‘World’ of Difference – Ethical behavior is a personal decision, but unethical actions can affect hundreds if not thousands of innocent people. Join PRSA’s Board of Ethics and Professional Standards on Tuesday, September 12, from 8:30-9:30 PM as we welcome Anthony Gray, President and CEO of the Institute for Global Ethics to discuss the realities of the effects of unethical thought and action. Use the hashtag #prethics to add your insights and ask your questions while learning how the Institute for Global Ethics works with its clients to provide practical tools to build ethical fitness and cultures of integrity at home, at school, in the workplace, and in society.
- 4 p.m. EDT, Sept. 25 – Truth in Communications –PRSA/SPJ with Reuters journalist Andrew M. Seaman, SPJ Director of Communications Lauren Bartlett, and Washington State Dept. of Transportation representative Travis Phelps
- Blogs – Watch for new posts throughout the month
- Research –New materials for the classroom are available for order through the Educators’ Academy
- Ethics Sessions at the PRSA International Conferenc
- Your Society at Work: Board of Ethics & Professional Standards, Sunday, Oct. 8, 11 a.m. – Noon
- Developing a Personal Crisis Preparedness Plan, Tuesday, Oct. 10, 8 – 9 a.m.
- How to Speak Up and Keep Your Job, Tuesday, Oct. 10, 11:30 a.m. -1 2:30 p.m.
*Watching PRSA webinars on-demand is a great way to engage your team at work or even your entire chapter. Consider holding a lunch-and-learn together. Show the webinar, and take breaks to discuss concepts—or simply share with members and encourage them to access webinars on their own time.