CCI Health & Wellness Services
WIC Communications and Marketing Specialist
Silver Spring, MD - Full Time
About CCI: At CCI Health & Wellness Services, work is more than just a job, it’s a purpose. Every day we strive to create a more equitable healthcare experience for communities made vulnerable by social, economic, and cultural barriers. We prevent. We make better. We help. We care. We serve because health is everything.
Our commitment: Empower patients at all stages of life through an unmatched, high-quality, affordable healthcare experience.
The WIC Communications & Marketing Specialist, in collaboration with the WIC Director, will help develop and execute a marketing strategy that drives public awareness and education around WIC at CCI in a culturally diverse community. A part of the Marketing & Communications team at CCI, this position will serve as a bridge between the overall CCI and WIC brands, making sure we are reaching participants, patients, staff, and stakeholders with the information they need about WIC at CCI.
***Please note that this is not a remote work position. You will be required to report to our offices in Downtown Silver Spring. Our hours are 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Some weekend and evening work required.
This job might be for you if you:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
- Three or more years of marketing/communications experience.
- Experience with outreach and enrollment campaigns, a plus.
- Must be able to write for a diverse audience.
- Digital strategy experience includes using social media monitoring/management platforms (Sprout Social a plus).
- Content creation experience across all media platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have interviewing skills and are comfortable approaching people for an interview.
- Are an effective communicator, able to convey complex concepts in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Are a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines while also working collectively with the department.
- Have a desire to do mission-driven work.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
- Microsoft Suite Proficiency.
- Mac Proficiency.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects at once.
- Experience working with non-profits, mission-driven organizations, or FQHC, a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, a plus.
- Must be fluent in English; Bilingual, a plus - fluency in Amharic, French, Persian, Pashto/Pushto, or Spanish preferred.
Please submit a resume and three writing samples to Kimberly Brookins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a 49-year-old Federally Qualified Health Center is a diverse and inclusive workplace that serves 60,000 medical patients and Women Infant’s & Children (WIC) participants in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, CCI is committed to providing high-quality, affordable primary healthcare to every patient across all life stages. Visit www.cciweb.org for more information.