The Social Media Supervisor is responsible for developing and executing social media strategy for our clients and serving as the point of contact for strategic client direction. The Social Media Supervisor additionally manages the work of junior level team members and provides guidance and direction.
- Supervises the development of organic and paid social media strategies that support the client’s business—demonstrating an understanding of their key issues, goals, competitive situation and industry trends.
- Earns and keeps each client’s respect and confidence as a trusted advisor, bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions.
- Employs a range of thinking and decision-making approaches—“what if,” “end-in-mind,” “critical,” “trade-off,” and “judicious” approaches to issues and initiatives on a daily basis.
- May develop & supervise press materials, written content (blog posts, articles, etc.), organic social media editorial calendars and monthly content calendars, leads and negotiates influencer relations partnerships and makes strategic recommendations on creative and written content.
- Supervises and manages the agency’s day-to-day relationships with key social media client contacts.
- Makes strategic recommendations and plans that integrate social media activities into larger marketing campaigns to support business objectives and collaborate with other cross-functional departments.
- Supports the development of new business proposals, which include PR and social media services.
- Leads client projects; successfully focuses the efforts of agency staff, so they are completed as proposed—on-time, within budget and with minimum disruption to daily activity of client or agency
- Displays curiosity and a willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
- Anticipates potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the appropriate Account Director, Department Head and/or Agency Management in time for the agency to respond proactively
- Works closely with the agency’s creative team to ensure social assets are strategic, optimized for the platform, aligned with best practices and impactful for the target audience(s). Works closely with other cross-functional departments to make strategic recommendations and plans to integrate social media into larger digital marketing campaigns.
- Has reached a senior public relations and/or social media/content strategy level or above with 6-10+ years of experience
- 6+ years of experience within an advertising agency or comparable experience preferred
- Must have proven experience using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat and TikTok, and have worked with commonly used social media platforms.
- Proven experience building audience engagement
- Experience in influencer marketing a plus
- Ability to work weekend and after-hours, as expected in the 24/7 PR and social media news cycle
- Strong knowledge of social media trends, using different platforms and creating engaging content and experiences
See our posting to view the full info!