ABET is looking for a Senior Specialist, Marketing to join our Communications and Marketing Team.
The Senior Specialist, Marketing will support efforts to promote and expand ABET’s reach while advancing goals and objectives as set out in ABET’s strategic plan. He/she will develop and manage marketing programs, manage market research activities, lead creative projects, improve constituent engagement and increase brand awareness.
The Senior Specialist, Marketing must organize tasks and use time effectively with the ability to shift priorities when necessary. The incumbent must be committed to a team-focused environment as the communications and marketing function is integrated into all aspects of ABET business operations. He/she will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities as well as long-term strategy, thriving under tight deadlines and adapting to changing needs.
The incumbent must work proactively in accomplishing tasks with little or no daily supervision and will take follow through on assignments despite setbacks.
To apply please send your resume along with a cover letter and a list of 3 professional references to email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop marketing strategies to attract new audiences and improve constituent engagement.
- Create and maintain organizational expertise in survey development and data analysis.
- Develop and manage market research projects to generate consumer/audience insights to support new offerings and improve marketing strategy and communications. Detailed market research analysis will be required.
- Create marketing campaigns for both online and print channels.
- Develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital and video assets.
- Create a wide range of branded marketing materials, ensuring consistent execution of ABET’s brand image and the highest quality standards.
- Present creative ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies and budgets.
- Work with the Director, Communications and Marketing to support all ABET departments with marketing-related projects; maintain schedules and project budgets set by department heads and managers and provide timely updates regarding any necessary changes or alterations.
- Measure and analyze metrics and results, optimizing as needed; meet with senior management to communicate marketing metrics.
- Manage updates and create content for the ABET website, ensuring a seamless experience for users, establishing budget guidelines, documenting processes and providing additional support as needed.
- Coordinate and execute ABET’s presence as an exhibitor at trade shows and conferences, including strategic planning of pre- and post-show communications.
- Develop quotes for bids and select vendors based on cost, schedule, and quality.
Does not have direct supervisory authority; however, duties include responsibility for providing creative direction to junior design, marketing and communications staff as assigned. Establish deadlines and develop timelines; planning, implementing projects.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The required skills listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience.
- Proven experience developing and executing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with online content marketing, website development, web copy and web design. Knowledge of SEO.
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools.
- Experience with marketing research methodologies, data analysis and survey tools.
- Expertise in user experience and graphic design; demonstrated mastery of UI/UX principles, best practices and common design tools.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization or higher education institution is a plus.
- Global experience, working with multicultural teams and stakeholders, is a plus.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to work well with teams.
- Detail oriented, a self-starter and a creative thinker.
- Strong project management, multitasking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little or no supervision.
- Strong analytical skills to forecast trends and analyze metrics.
- Strong comprehension of both traditional and emerging channels for marketing and communications.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel.