Lead the development, activation, and evaluation of integrated marketing and communications activities for the college. This position heads a team of creative professionals who specialize in graphic design, content strategy and development of, digital media, publications, and management of website properties. The Senior Director manages the brand identity and marketing strategies of the college for Credit and Continuing Education/Workforce Development enrollment, as well as departments, the CCBC Foundation, and individual academic programs. This position works with cross-functional colleagues to drive marketing actions that support the College's Strategic Plan and the President's Strategic Priorities, including awareness and recruitment messaging campaigns.
- Establish the vision, strategy, and priorities for the Marketing and Communications teams to advance the college's brand position among vital internal and external stakeholders.
- Build strategic, integrated and comprehensive multi-media communications for diverse audiences that build credit and non-credit enrollment, organizational visibility, credibility and engagement.
- Conduct research, analyze market data and media trends, and identify industry standards and best practices to develop, assess and refine communication strategies designed primarily to recruit, engage and retain students.
- Manage budget and personnel resources of Marketing, Media Relations, Creative Services and Printing Services departmental units that provide multi-location support to all areas of the college including the President's Office, Enrollment and Student Services, Instruction, Institutional Advancement, Administrative Services, and Continuing Education.
- Oversee the collaboration among internal and external individuals, groups and organizations to ensure the planning and implementation of projects, initiatives and events will attract new and continued enrollment, which encourage student success, and generate public support.
- Provide inclusive team leadership that inspires creativity, adopts new technology, implements best practices, and maximizes opportunities.
- Develop and implement the use of business processes and technologies that support and sustain capabilities of the Marketing and Communications team to expediently deliver high-quality and high-volume work.
- Manage a brand identity that is meaningful and consistent across all media channels. Including maintaining accountability for the College's web and digital media properties, internal and external websites, and social media pages.
- Identify and research the consumer behavior of target market segments to prepare data-driven creative strategies with actionable plans, including Managing Demand Side Platforms (DSP).
- Communicate information in ways that drive evidence-based decision making, decrease time to decision making, improve competitive positioning, and achieve business goals.
- Serve as college spokesperson and communications counsel, handling media inquiries/response and advising college president and other college leaders on strategic management of media opportunities, challenges and crises.
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders, including the college's Senior Staff and Board of Trustees.
- Provide vision, leadership, and counsel for marketing and college communications in alignment with CCBC's strategic priorities. Provide support to Senior Staff and college President for speeches and articles.
- Formulate and manage a comprehensive media relations strategy and program at the local, state, regional and national levels encompassing appropriate media outlets with a focus on both credit and non-credit education programs.
- Collaborate to strengthen, align and guide the College's overall and unit brands through strategic marketing communications. Ensure brand standards are maintained and consistent throughout the organization.
- Anticipate, prepare for, preempt and mitigate issues with potential to negatively impact the college's reputation. Oversee issues-management and crisis communications plans and advise senior leaders accordingly.
- Develop benchmark criteria and track and evaluate the effectiveness of communications and marketing strategies for credit and non-credit on a regular basis.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of marketing and communications policies and procedures, including brand and editorial standards.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business or a related field. A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in marketing, higher education and/or communications-related leadership. Of the ten (10) years of experience, five (5) of those years must be in a managerial role. Demonstrated understanding of, and experience with brand strategy, integrated marketing, media relations, crisis communications, market research, social media, search engine optimization and best web practices for credit and non-credit markets. Experience overseeing and/or managing major marketing projects, such as website redesign, brand roll out, name change or logo redesign.
For best consideration, please apply by November 1, 2020.