Van Eperen is looking for a senior account executive to join our team!
Does This Sound Like You?
A public relations professional with grit who wants to be a part of the convergence of traditional earned media, paid media, social media, and content marketing.
An integrated communications professional yearning to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on storytelling and media relations, brand-building, reputation management, social responsibility initiatives, and multi-stakeholder communications.
You’re more than capable of leading and managing accounts and projects for a variety of clients (and know you’re more than capable because you’ve already done so successfully).
You respect and follow the news closely, have strong media relations skills, solid experience in day-to-day account management, integrated marketing experience, and an easy rapport with clients at all levels, including C-suite.
You’re a creative thinker, exceptionally detail-oriented, produce high-quality work/results, and able to laugh out loud at least once a day in the office.
Yes? Keep Reading
The senior account executive will be based in our Baltimore office, ideal for someone with five to eight years of experience who thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment.
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are met and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead internal planning meetings and brainstorm sessions, creating structure and actionable next steps for those meetings including the development of new story ideas, providing strategic recommendations on integrated communications approaches.
- Work independently and confidently, taking initiative where appropriate and asking for help when needed.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the team, including working with senior members to help coordinate projects and client deliverables.
- Adhere to quality assurance processes to maintain a high standard of work -- focusing on ethics, creativity, attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy.
- Seen by clients as day-to-day strategic lead, anticipating client concerns/needs, delivering high-quality work with measurable results, and providing counsel across multiple accounts.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing client programs and activities; ensure that all programs are strategically on target with clients’ business objectives; maintain day-to-day contact with client, report program results to agency management and client.
- Fosters partnerships with clients and manages expectations while delivering work that is creatively driven and executed flawlessly on time and on budget.
- Drive story idea development and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are creative and compelling while in line with overall account objectives.
- Identify and write newsworthy stories and communications for media opportunities, such as press releases, bylined articles, blog copy, and other collateral.
- Develop and oversee content creation for client collateral, including media materials, videos, social campaigns, etc.
- Capable of handling the day-to-day of social media campaign management (brainstorming and creating content for multiple Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media profiles/channels, scheduling and/or posting content to each social profile as appropriate, interacting with community in real time, tracking metrics, etc.).
- Continually seek training and education in new skills and tools related to your work and proactively make recommendations for implementation of new programs.
- Committed to upholding our business ethics and reputation.
- Active on social media, both personally and for client accounts, and experienced with automation and social media calendar tools (familiarity with Sprout Social a plus).
- Exceptional communication skills, incredible attention to detail, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Effective time management, organizational skills, and a resourceful problem solver.
- Professional relationship-building skills, social demeanor and strong interest in building community ties.
- A strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership is essential to success. This translates to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate staff and clients.
- Knowledge of AP style guidelines required.
- Experience recommending and implementing successful social media strategies.
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a liberal arts discipline that allows you to demonstrate a strong foundation in writing along with skills in critical thinking/problem solving, oral/written communication, leadership and teamwork/collaboration.
- Prior agency experience strongly preferred.
Cherries on Top
- Photography, videography, SEO and/or podcast production skills.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with WordPress, Google Adwords, experience with content management systems, and/or implementing SEO tactics to increase website traffic.
This position will work closely and report directly to an Account Director.
If you’ve been saying “that’s me!” while reading this, we need to talk. To apply, send us a cover letter, your resume, and links to a few examples of your work to Emily McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org.