Are you ready to bring your A-game?
If you’re beating your chest, salivating at the challenge, then this is the place for you.
5-7 years of experience in agency/client services
Our rapidly growing integrated agency is looking for an experienced public relations manager with a strong traditional background in PR to join our team full-time. We are a close-knit, highly collaborative team when it comes to developing messaging, strategizing integrated plans, and brainstorming wild and crazy campaigns – all to create great PR results.
The PR Director will be responsible for all PR efforts and management of multiple PR retainers/projects. The ideal candidate understands contemporary public relations and is savvy in understanding how digital and social strategies, tactics, and evaluation techniques integrate with traditional PR efforts. The candidate should be familiar with all aspects of maintaining and upselling clients.
- Conceptualize effective, creative, and individualized strategy for a variety of client industries throughout the DMV and nationally
- Ensure all PR campaigns proceed according to plan, deadline, and budget
- Draft, delegate, and edit a variety of written materials (pitches, releases, bylines, blogs, etc.)
- Conduct media research both organically and via media contact database
- Identify relevant proactive pitching opportunities and new media relationships
- Participate in new business research, proposals, and presentations
- Oversee management of coverage reports, content libraries
- Manage HARO (Help a Reporter Out) pursuits
- Collaborate with digital, account and creative teams to facilitate integration points, provide resources as needed
- Provide constructive guidance and growth for team members
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years of experience in agency/client services
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, or communications
- Experience managing client accounts, projects, and teams
- Superb writing, communication, and research skills
- Solid organizational skills with detail-oriented focus
- Comfortable juggling projects and prioritizing
- Experience writing proposals, setting/managing budgets, and presenting to prospects
- Strategically minded, creative thinker
- Proactive problem-solver & learner
- Understand client industry trends in PR and integrated communications
- Proficient with Google Docs/spreadsheets, Dropbox files, etc.
- Experience with media contact database and/or news monitoring tool
- Media training experience preferred
- Experience with Help a Reporter Out (HARO) or similar service preferred