MGH, a full-service marketing communications agency recognized as one of Ad Age’s 2019 Best Places to Work, is looking for a highly motivated, passionate Public Relations Account Coordinator with some agency experience (internships count!).
Your opportunity to work with big brands and have work-life balance:
- We get to work with iconic national and regional brands, spanning industries including tourism, fast-casual dining, jewelry, home goods, education and public safety.
- Our days are fast-paced and efficient, so that we can truly enjoy our nights, weekends and paid time off (PTO).
- We take the week between Christmas and New Year’s off (although we still meet all client deadlines!), so you don’t have to dip into your generous PTO package to enjoy a holiday break.
- Your coworkers are yogis, bakers, photographers, volunteers and small business owners – to name a few of their hobbies – in their free time.
- We mentor junior staff and promote from within.
- Culture is critical – we take it seriously. Kind of. Enjoy Friday afternoon visits from Marty the Bar Cart, doodle on our chalkboard wall, bring your pup in for a Yappy Hour, plan a service project for your team or the whole office. MGH believes that happy employees do great work.
Your day as a PR Account Coordinator:
- Support PR and account team members across four clients.
- Write newsworthy press releases, media advisories and other media materials; compelling blogs, emails and other marketing copy.
- Build databases and relationships with journalists, editors, producers and social media influencers.
- Brainstorm creative angles to get our clients’ key messages in the news and successfully place positive coverage.
- Plan and execute media events and industry conferences.
- Work with creative, digital, media and social departments to generate new ideas for our clients and meet deliverables.
Your qualifications and experience:
- PR/agency experience required – internships count.
- Exceptional writing skills and demonstrated media relations success. (Send us your portfolio!)
- Proficiency with AP Style.
- Expertly organized with acute attention to detail: You’re the one who catches every typo and notices when that logo is sliiiiightly left-of-center.
- Proactive, problem-solving mindset: You’re also the one who fixes the typo and corrects the logo placement before your manager even has a chance to spot them.
- Clear, concise communicator, respectful of coworkers’ and clients’ time.
- Track record of meeting deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
Thanks for your interest in MGH, an Equal Opportunity Employer.