Sheppard Pratt Health System is seeking a dynamic, driven PR/Communications Specialist to join its growing marketing and PR team.
As a Communications Specialist you will:
- Assist with the development and implementation of internal and external public relations and communication strategies for Sheppard Pratt Health System.
- Support departmental and health system communication activities through a variety of mediums and channels.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the health system to drive awareness of Sheppard Pratt and its programs and services internally and externally in support of the organization's mission.
- Monitor alerts, news, and competitor information to stay abreast of trends in mental and behavioral health care.
- Plan, edit and write internal communications and proactively identify and write compelling stories for print, Web, internal channels, and news media outlets.
- Partner with HR to enhance employee engagement and build organizational culture through a strategic communications strategy.
Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years' experience in public relations, communications, journalism or related field. Healthcare experience is preferred. Knowledge and experience should include:
- Strong writing/editing, listening and presentation skills.
- Professional, polished interpersonal skills, including experience in managing and maintaining confidential information.
- Excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple projects at the same time and demonstrate impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in effective communication strategies and tools, including print, Web, media relations, electronic media, AP Style and other e-communication tools.
- Familiarity with media tracking services and databases.
Other preferred qualifications include experience working with intranets.