Hey there! Ready for the next step in your agency career? We’re ready for you! Vitamin® is looking for a media relations professional to join us at a very exciting time. If you’re ready to be part of an energetic, passionate, creative and collaborative team who works with good-natured clients, and you have a well-honed skillset in writing and pitching, read on.
Vitamin® is one of Baltimore’s most tenured digitally integrated agencies. Now in our 18th year, we could not be more excited about the progressive direction our agency is heading. We’ve spent the last two years sharpening our craft, building a stronger team, engaging with super collaborative clients, and producing stellar creative output. Moreover, we’re just a few weeks away from moving into our high profile, custom renovated + Vitamin-designed headquarters located at the gateway to Federal Hill in Baltimore City. Our new space brings all the modern, high-end tech and finishes you could ask for while also providing every employee a window seat overlooking one of the most spectacular views of Baltimore City. Did we mention the ability to easily walk to Federal Hill’s most fabulous shops, bars, restaurants and carry-outs at Cross Street Market with the Inner Harbor directly across the street?
Our Media Relations Specialist will have exceptional writing and verbal communications skills. If you’re applying for this position, you should be great at your job but not pretentious: we’re a team—rock-solid, tight-knit and outgoing. We collaborate and brainstorm together because the best ideas can come from the least-likely places. We also know what we’re responsible for individually and we get it done.
- Help develop and implement PR campaigns: create and oversee strategic plans for Vitamin’s PR and integrated marcomm clients. Implement plan deliverables that can include writing and/or editing media materials (press releases, pitches, bylined articles, etc.), media relations, crisis communications, media training, blogger relations, social media, digital marketing, advertising, etc.
- Handle client relations: maintain strong working relationships with clients, always managing their expectations and thoroughly understanding their needs and helping to meet their overall communications goals.
- Learn and progress: keep growing through smart question asking, listening and volunteering for new challenges; manage up to leadership and down to junior staff
- Think critically and be openly accountable: contribute and apply your critical thinking and initiative in everything you do. Always learn from failures.
- Manage up, down and across the agency: always keeping team members in the know about client activity, with particular thoughtfulness to closing the loop on all communications.
- Prior agency experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in media relations
- Excellent writing skills
- Motivation, poise, strong people skills
- Proven experience in media relations and supporting public relations accounts
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to articulate thoughts professionally and respectfully
- Experience in accounting, non-profit (especially human services or associations), commercial real estate, engineering and/or manufacturing.
We all work to make money. And when you join the Vitamin team, you will be compensated well in exchange for the time and talent you are devoting to your career and to our success, as an agency. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, inclusive of the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day; Summer Fridays; Takeout Tuesday; Mental Health Days; team building events; medical, dental, and vision; 401(k) with employer match, and much more!
Sounds like a fit? Submit your resume, writing samples, and salary requirements via email to us at: email@example.com, with “Media Relations Specialist: [Your Name]” in the subject line. No phone calls, freelancers or recruiters, please.