The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts (BOPA) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Associate. It is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Communications Director. The primary responsibility of the Marketing and Communications Associate is to promote BOPA and its programs through marketing campaigns, media outreach and community engagement.
- Conduct research to identify and define media relations and marketing opportunities
- Develop communications strategies and implement tactics to reach, target and engage BOPA’s key audiences
- Write, edit, and publish content for media relations and marketing communications materials including; press releases, e-newsletters, talking points, print and digital ads, blogs, sponsored/promoted posts, etc.
- Coordinate print, broadcast, and digital media placement and interviews
- Respond to media inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain relationships with mass and niche media, update press contact lists and archive coverage
- Prepare communications campaign reports using public relations software
- Acts as spokesperson for BOPA as directed
- Support the graphics team by reviewing marketing pieces including event programs, brochures, and postcards
- Provide guidance to BOPA staff members by producing written content for external audiences
- Work collaboratively with the communications team members as well as BOPA’s various departments and facilities, and partner organizations
- Participate in recurring planning meetings for BOPA’s events, programs and facilities
- Works on-site at various events as needed, including evening & weekends
- Assists the Communications Director and the marketing agency of record as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of related marketing and communications experience
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills are a must, as well as an understanding of editing, public relations, advertising, marketing, and social media
- Basic computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, and web based applications required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively, be highly motivated, and maintain positive attitude
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- BOPA offers a robust benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life, 403B retirement plan with employer match, paid leave, and transportation subsidy
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and writing samples of marketing content, press releases or any appropriate work as one pdf document no later than Friday, March 29, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.