We’re looking for a great writer. Someone who lives for both clever wordplay and well-constructed paragraphs. A master of all media who can deftly handle any assignment—from a 24-page annual report to a 280-character tweet. A detail-oriented warrior with a sworn vendetta against typos and bad grammar.
If this sounds like you, please send your résumé, portfolio/writing samples, and a cover letter that tells us what makes you special to Casey Boccia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Devaney & Associates is an award-winning advertising, marketing, and PR agency. We call Owings Mills, Maryland our home, but we market products and services that matter to people around the world. Inside our 250-year-old haunted mansion, you’ll get to flex your creative muscles every day as you help our inspiring roster of clients grow their brands. Visit us at devaney.net and follow us on social media to stay updated on future openings.
Facebook: @DevaneyandAssociates | Instagram and Twitter: @DevaneyAssoc
What You’ll Do Here:
- Collaborate with art directors and copywriters to develop concepts that translate across all media
- Serve as the primary writer for assigned projects, overseeing the copy from inception through proofreading/approval to ensure goals, deadlines, and budgets are met
- Work in tandem with the PR department to develop and manage social media strategies, calendars, and content for our clients and the agency
- Support the PR department by completing assigned writing, research and outreach projects
- Research our clients to develop a solid understanding of their businesses, their industries, and their target audiences
- Be a brand captain, ensuring branding consistency for our clients in all their communications
- Assist with client presentations and meetings as well as new business development, proposals, estimates, and agency promotional efforts
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in writing, English, or a similar field
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and translate ideas into compelling copy
- Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and meet fast-paced deadlines
- A proofreader’s eye for detail and desire for perfection
- Exceptional independent research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible attitude and willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of clients
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with clients
- A passionate work ethic and desire to learn from others