Position Overview: To establish and maintain clear, consistent system wide and site–specific (account level) communications and community involvement in support of the Morrison Healthcare brand in partnership with the University of Maryland Medical System (13 locations). While the initial focus of this position is the University of Maryland Medical System, there is great opportunity for growth to support the entire division.
Reports to: The position is based in Maryland, and part of the regional operational support team who, reports to the Morrison Healthcare Regional Vice President with a dotted line to the Director of Morrison Healthcare Communications.
- Initially responsible for managing internal and client communications at 4 primary UMMS accounts (St. Joseph’s, UMMC, Midtown, and Baltimore Washington) and eventually responsible for communications system-wide
- Writing and editing a variety of communications, including monthly system wide newsletters, promotional copy for hospital internal comms platforms and social media, client communications, and other content, including but not limited to:
- Weekly and monthly Retail promotional content (includes social media posts and content provided by Morrison Comms team, along with images, video, and verbiage for use in internal newsletters, Intranet, and digital screens throughout hospital) for all locations
- Morrison and Compass One associate recognition and community involvement stories
- Curating/Building a photo and video library for use in a variety of client communications.
- Curating and creating Quarterly Business Review (QBR) content focused on communicating Morrison and Compass One success and key results (patient dining and patient experience, etc.)
- Responding to ongoing guest feedback and foodservice comments in collaboration with each site’s operations and hospital’s internal communications team
- Establishing and building on community partnerships that align with the clients’ vision of improving population health, and support Morrison’s efforts to Stop Food Waste through food recovery
- Curating/Managing content through a variety of communication tools and platforms, including Smartsheet.
- Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with our client’s communication team.
- Assisting with establishing, managing, and communicating account-level community partnerships to include food recovery and Teaching Kitchens, among other ongoing community involvement activities.
- Managing crisis communications in collaboration with Morrison’s operational leadership, Morrison Healthcare and Compass Group Corporate Communications, and Human Resources, as needed.
- Work virtually with the expectation of being on-site at 4 primary accounts. Additional travel to remaining UMMS accounts and team meetings will be required.
Key Capabilities and Skills Include:
Bachelor's Degree in communications, or related field preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a foodservice or healthcare communications role preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Adobe, Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
Proficiency with digital photography and videography, including editing skills.
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task.
Ability to build and manage relationships with key influencers, including clients, Morrison support team members, as well as senior operational leaders.
Extreme attention to detail.
Works independently, is self-directed and proactive.
Works well under pressure and adapts well to working with short deadlines and in tight turn-around situations.
Readily accepts ownership and maintains a positive, supportive attitude with a “team” mentality.