When you're a part of the Chesapeake Employers family, your contributions will impact the lives of working people all across Maryland. We believe in treating people with the respect, care, and dignity they deserve. If you would like to work for an organization that strives to do the right thing for its customers, employees, and communities, consider joining Chesapeake Employers and growing your career with Maryland's largest writer of workers' compensation insurance.
The Corporate Communications Associate will assist members of the Communications department as an entry-level professional in implementing the annual communications business plan for Maryland’s leading writer of workers’ compensation insurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write, create, and edit written and visual content for internal communications, primarily for the employee newsletter and internal communications campaigns.
- Write and create content for social media and the company website.
- Assist in editing correspondence and other mass communications to meet corporate standards.
- Assist with planning and executing grass roots public relations campaigns.
- Develop basic knowledge and understanding of workers’ compensation insurance, including the company’s core operations of marketing, safety services, underwriting, claims, premium audit and other functional departments.
- Plan, coordinate, attend and photograph community relations and volunteer activities for employees.
- Assist with promotion of the annual charitable campaigns for employees.
- Assist the Communications department with planning and orchestrating company seminars and conferences. Assist with promotion and registration of events.
- Assist with selection, purchase, distribution, and inventory of company logo items.
- Perform basic traffic duties for projects in the Communications department. Maintain project log. Provide traffic reports as needed.
- Complete other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field required.
- 0 to 3 years of experience working in a corporate communications environment, or an advertising/Public Relations agency performing writing and content creation duties and other communications-related functions.
- Demonstrate strong public relations writing skills with proven experience in crafting articles that engage readers with compelling copy and visuals.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely for a variety of different audiences using multiple communications mediums.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail marketing software.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Demonstrate strong photography skills and basic video skills for social media use.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with attention to meeting deadlines.
- Customer service focused.
- Experience with SharePoint CMS is preferred.
- Bias for Action
- Service and Sales
- Knowledge Sharing
- Personal Leadership
- Deliver Results
- Teamwork and Communication
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required, which includes close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Office Environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Some travel is required.