Abel Communications, a dynamic and fast-growing public relations firm based in Baltimore, Md. is seeking a new Account Director to help lead our agency, team and clients forward. In this exciting role, the candidate will lead and inspire a group of accounts and team members as well as serve a role in the agency’s leadership team.
Applicants should love the art and science of PR and must have agency experience (within a staff-management position) and a track record of client growth and success. The selected candidate will also bring strong people management and professional development skills with a passion for helping others grow and succeed. We seek independent thinkers who don’t just “do it the way it’s always been done.” Rather, we would like to hear from mid-to-senior career level professionals with ideas of their own about how to evolve and grow a PR firm and its key staff and accounts. We want to know what you think about where PR is today and where it’s going; we require creative ideas and big-picture thinking.
Are you willing to shake things up? Do you love the art of storytelling with an eye for details, while also understanding budgets, project management, and proposals? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Abel Communications fosters a collaborative and enjoyable workplace where employees are encouraged to do great work and make time for great lives. We have been a finalist or winner in the Baltimore Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Awards for several years. In 2020, Abel Communications was named PRSA Maryland Team of the Year. We provide a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance and a flexible work schedule.
We close the office on Opening Day and have many outings throughout the year to foster teamwork and camaraderie. We love Baltimore, our clients, coming up with BIG ideas and delivering amazing work.
Abel Communications respects and values diversity and is committed to creating a culture that is inclusive. Abel Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.
- Write media pitches, press releases, briefing documents, social media content, and reports with accuracy and creativity.
- Support client engagements by preparing internal and external correspondence and maintaining client status updates via our project management software platform.
- Develop complete, accurate and effective media lists using the latest and most sophisticated PR software.
- Proactively identify story ideas and work with colleagues to develop and implement successful media relations programs.
- Effectively pitch and place stories for clients and develop and nurture relationships with media on behalf of our clients.
- Develop social media content ideas and comfortably execute campaigns on behalf of clients.
- Help to develop and manage special projects, such as virtual and in-person events.
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related fields
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 1-3 years of PR agency or communications department experience
- Successful experience pitching and placing stories with local, national, and trade media
- Track record of having developed engaging content for a business or organization's social media accounts
- Active on social media and up-to-date on current trends and platforms
- Previous experience interacting with clients in PR/communications setting