The Account Director is a strategic PR pro. They know how to keep clients happy, to get results for clients, to manage teams and to be a leader within the company.
The Account Director will lead the 3-4 teams. As such, they must have a working knowledge of the activities and expectations for each client. From the start of a client relationship, the Account Director will be active in strategy and kick-off meetings. They will be available to the client at any point that strategic counsel is needed.
On a day-to-day basis the Account Director is working with the account teams to ensure we are meeting the day-to-day needs of clients. The Account Director should provide ideas to make client campaigns more robust and results more fruitful. The Account Director should not be above making pitch calls if that is what is needed for a client. At the end of the day, client results fall upon the Account Director – if the team isn’t getting the results, then the Account Director needs to.
If you are a team player, looking to grow into the executive management team, apply today
- Responsible for overall account relationships and for building relationships with key day-to-day client contacts to ensure that client/agency relationships exist on multiple levels/points of contact and grow over time.
- Ensures effective communication and management of client expectations and that team is completing their deliverables on strategy, on time and on budget while servicing the client at an appropriate level.
- Proactively anticipates and/or leads the resolution of account problems and issues quickly and proficiently.
- Confidently provide sound strategic counsel and other point of views.
- Anticipate client needs and appropriately managing client expectations.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Works with agency management on new business calls, proposals and RFPS.
- Previous PR Agency experience (7+ years experience).
- Open to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to execute on the big picture.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing a team with direct oversight.
- Confident personality.