PRSA Maryland is your local resource for professional advancement. Through our chapter and via the national PRSA organization, you have access to continuing education seminars, information exchange forums, training webinars and research projects.
- This event has passed.
Inside the Crisis Communications Command Center: What You Need To Know
September 22, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$55.00 – $75.00
We’ll go beyond the do’s and don’ts of crisis communications planning and take a deeper, behind-the-scenes look into real crisis situations. Hear from two experienced PR professionals who will share real-world (off the record, please) examples of how actual crisis situations were handled.
Some made headlines, others did not. Not all went well. Is your plan still in a three-ring binder? Does it incorporate social media? During the first segment our presenters will walk through crisis planning steps, including actual examples of what to include in your plan. The real-world segment will give attendees an insider¹s view into what it¹s really like to balance the needs of management with the demands of the media – and those on social media.
In this three-hour workshop, you¹ll find out:
- How to convert your paper-based crisis plan to one accessible via mobile device
- The most important – yet challenging – aspect of crisis response
- Common roadblocks by your own executives and ways to overcome them
- A written plan is just the start; what staff skills and training are needed?
- Tips on locating your crisis command center and what you¹ll need there
- How to be ready for your crisis to be live-tweeted
- Spokespeople and their roles and preparation
Our Workshop Presenters:
You’ll hear from Dan Dunne, APR, of Erickson Living, an expert in media training and crisis communications. Dunne has many years of experience in public relations and crisis communications. Joining him will be Jeffrey Davis, APR, managing director of the Baltimore office of Van Eperen and a former journalist whose crisis PR experience includes allegations of sexual harassment against an organization¹s leader, issues management in connection with Duke lacrosse case, and a tragic death at a national ski resort. Click here to read more about our presenters.
*Registration will be limited to 30.