MGH, an integrated marketing and communications agency based outside of Baltimore, is looking for a highly motivated, passionate Public Relations Account Executive to join its growing staff. We're looking for someone with 1-3 years of relevant PR agency experience with stellar writing capabilities, ability to multi-task and provide event and media relations support for clients in a wide variety of industries, including health care, education, public safety, tourism and technology.
Agency and client-facing communication experience is preferred. Ideal candidates must demonstrate previous successes in traditional and non-traditional media relations, be able to thrive in a fast-paced but fun working environment and work well as part of a large multidisciplinary team.
Basic tactical job requirements include:
• Developing/updating media lists
• Pitching local, regional and national media
• On-site media management support
• Collecting and organizing media coverage
• Event management support
• Monitoring industry news stories and ability to identify trends and opportunities
• Minimum of one year of public relations experience in an agency environment
• Exceptional writing skills (and proficient in AP Style) with experience writing press releases, media advisories, blog entries and bylined articles
• Ability to effectively and clearly communicate with internal and external audiences
• Demonstrated success securing local, regional and national media coverage