We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why we design and implement technologies and services that result in great outcomes.
What will you do at Ciena?
• Leads coordination of investor community interactions, including scheduling, travel and other logistics (working with an admin), for phone calls, investor onsite meetings (internal and investors), conferences, road shows, quarterly earnings calls, chalk talks, investor days, and annual shareholder meetings.
• Assists with investor targeting using internal and external resources
• Assists with the organization and maintenance of computer databases, including CRM / targeting resources; PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets, for both internal and external audiences as requested
• Assists in the creation and updating of investor relations and other materials using Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
• Manages investor relations section of company website
• Participates in relevant social media activities
• Manages projects by organizing and expediting tasks, planning and coordinating presentations, meetings, travel plans, etc., as well as disseminating information quickly and accurately.
• Responsible for responding to investor requests through general IR email and hotline
• Collaborate internally across functions, including legal, marketing, and corporate communications
• Tracks investor interactions in surveillance database systems
• Creates IR analytic reports from CRM database
• Track and create peer earnings performance summaries for internal distribution
• Track and create summaries of sell-side analysts’ research for internal distribution
• Internal: Interacts with all levels of the organization, particularly at the senior level, to ensure proper and timely communication and completion of tasks.
• External: Interacts with external vendors, analysts and shareholders to coordinate requests and to provide information.
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Efficiency and judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload in a fast paced environment.
• Proven track record of consistent follow is essential
• Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must possess a proven track record of their ability to work with and demonstrate discretion with highly confidential information.
• Some analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative challenges.