BEST IN MARYLAND CALL FOR ENTRIES GUIDELINES
The Maryland Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) presents annually the Best in Maryland Awards to public relations practitioners who, in the judgment of their peers, have successfully addressed a communications challenge with exemplary professional skill, creativity and resourcefulness. PRSA Maryland models the Best in Maryland Awards after the PRSA Silver and Bronze Anvils. If you submitted an entry to either of those or for a PRSA NCC THOTH award, your entry can likely be submitted with limited changes to BIM!
The awards competition is open to all public relations, communications and marketing professionals who work in Maryland or who wish to enter projects completed in Maryland or on behalf of a Maryland-based client. Membership in PRSA is not required to enter. A major portion of the entry must have been executed in 2016 to qualify.
2017 Entry deadline – Early Bird August 29; Final September 12
Best in Maryland Awards Gala – Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Entries are submitted electronically. Please read these instructions carefully. If you have any questions about submitting an entry, please contact the PRSA Maryland office at email@example.com or 301-725-2508. Entries not adhering to the following guidelines may be disqualified.
To qualify, a portion of the entry must have been executed in 2016 unless noted otherwise in category description. Projects must be completed in Maryland or on behalf of a Maryland-based client. Membership in PRSA is not required to enter.
What You Need to Submit and Steps for Submitting
Each entry should include:
- Entry Summary and Supporting Materials (uploaded to Dropbox; required for each entry; see details below)
- Completed Entry Application (completed online; you will need your Dropbox URL to complete this)
- Payment Form (if multiple entries, combine on one form)
Step 1: Prepare your entry
- Complete Entry Summary: A concise summary, no longer than two pages, should address the criteria listed under Preparing Your Entries (click here for details). Prepare your summary carefully, as the judges will review it closely. Entries that do not address the criteria as cited will not be considered! (Sample summaries of former national PRSA award winners are available online at www.silveranvil.org. You can also view several 2016 Best in Maryland winning entries by clicking here.)
- Collect Supporting Materials: Supporting materials may include, but are not limited to: research results/summaries; photographs; publicity materials; news releases; media placements; letters; audio (CDs) and DVDs (no longer than five minutes); and other samples of planning documents and tactical materials.
- Upload Summary and Materials to a separate folder in your Dropbox account (see Naming the Folder below). Copy the Dropbox folder URL and include on your Entry Application (see below). You may also compile your entry into a single pdf and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Naming the Folder: Label the folder containing your documents and supporting materials as follows: Category_YourCompany_EntyTitle (abbreviate as needed). For example: Events&Observance<7Days_PRSAMD_2017Conference
Step 2: Complete Entry Application
- Complete a separate ONLINE APPLICATION for each entry. Be sure to include your Dropbox URL.
Step 3: Complete Payment
Payment can be made by check or credit card via fax or mail. If you are submitting multiple entries, only one payment is necessary but each entry must have a separate application. Click here for payment form.
*You pay one fee for your initial entry (campaign or component) and a reduced fee for all additional entries.
Early Bird (thru 8/29)
- Member: 1st Entry $110, Add’l Entries $95
- Non-Member: 1st Entry $145, Add’l Entries $130
Regular (after 8/29)
- Member: 1st Entry $125, Add’l Entries $110
- Non-Member: 1st entry $160, Add’l Entries $145
Entries are due no later than 5 p.m. EST on September 12 (or August 29 for Early Bird rates). Call 301-725-2508 or email email@example.com with questions about submissions. PRSA Maryland Association Headquarters assumes no liability for the entries.